Sai Baba Sri Sathya Sai Baba

    Home  Thought for the Day  |  Sai Inspires 

    Articles | Avatar | Bhajans | Experiences | Messages | Miracles | Prayers | Quotes | Stories | Service | Teachings


Reports of events from the Sai Baba Ashrams


Prashanthi Bullettin

May 19th, 2005

Bhagawan came for both bhajan sessions, in the morning as well as in the evening. 8.30 am was the time of His arrival in the morning, and around 4.15 pm in the evening.

May 18th, 2005

It was the grand finale of the three days of Vedic sacrifices. The Sai Ramesh Hall was gorgeously decorated. More than ten priests from the famous Kollur Mookambi temple were ready for the Chandi Homam in front of the stage at the centre of the hall. At 7.15, Bhagawan arrived, and the grand sacrifice got underway. Offerings to the Goddess included sweet pongal, various fruits like mangoes, watermelons, pomegranates and coconuts, flowers like lotuses, jasmine and roses, herbs, kumkum and turmeric. Bhagawan witnessed the events till 11.15 am from the stage, except for a 30 minute break at 9 am. At around 10.30, the Poornahuti was held. For the final two offerings, two sarees blessed by Swami were also offered in the Homam.

Dignitaries from the state of Karnataka also attended the last session of the sacrifice. The Governor, the Chief Minister and Home Minister were present in the Sai Ramesh Hall for the Poornahuti.

After the Poornahuti, Swami blessed the priests with dhoties and other gifts. Then He asked Begum Parveen Sultana and her husband Dilshed Khan to sing a Devi Bhajan. The surprise concert began with the bhajan "Bhavani" and ended with "Sai Ram ... Sumiran karo". With this musical conclusion, Bhagawan walked to the lift on the gents' side of the stage, sat on the chair which came out of the Toyota Porte car, and proceeded to Trayee in the car.

In the evening, Bhagawan came at 4.30 pm, and Bhajans were held.

May 17th, 2005

In the morning session, three rites including Rudra Homam and Mrithyunjaya Homam were being performed simultaneously onstage on the gents' side of the hall, with two or three priests attending to each. Bhagawan arrived at 8 am and the priests began the homams. 45 minutes later, Swami went back to Trayee, returning for the conclusion of the rites around 10 am. Once again, Swami blessed the priests with dhotis and everyone had prasadam of vegetable rice and a sweet.

In the evening, Swami came at 4.15 and bhajans were held till 5. Then, the Sudarshana Homam began on the ladies' side of the stage. Bhagawan witnessed the yagna for another 30 minutes, and then went to His abode. The yagna went on till the final offerings at 9 pm, after which prasadam of upma and sweet was served to everyone there.

May 16th, 2005

At 7.20 am, Bhagawan was brought in procession from Trayee Brindavan to the Sai Ramesh Hall. The procession had students and priests chanting vedic hymns. A canopy was held above Swami, and traditional items of homage, chamars, were waved to Him. After Swami came onstage and sat at the centre of the stage for a while, the Dhanwantari Homam commenced at the altar constructed on the ladies' side of the stage. After witnessing the rites for a while, at 8.30, Swami went back to Trayee. It was announced that Swami would return for the Poornahuti, final offering of the Homam, later in the morning. Swami returned by 9.30, and the Poornahuti commenced by around 10.15. After the ceremony, Swami blessed the priests with clothes and other gifts. Prasadam of mango rice with a sweet was then distributed to all present.

In the evening, Vedic chants were going on from around 3 pm. Bhagawan arrived at around 5 pm, and Bhajans were sung for some twenty minutes. Preliminaries were going on for the Homam on the gents' side of the Sai Ramesh Hall stage area. Later in the evening, the sacrificial pit for Wednesday's Maha Sata Chandi Homam was prepared, dug out in front of the Ganesha statue at the base of the stage area. The grand Homa kunda was seven feet deep.

May 15th, 2005

Being Sunday, the Sai Ramesh Hall, including the new extension, was filled with devotees by 7 am. Bhajans started just before 9 am, and Bhagawan arrived onstage in His chair soon after. After fifteen minutes or so of Bhajans by the Sevadals, Swami asked for the Arati, and returned to His abode, exiting backstage on the chair. The Sunday Bhajans continued as usual after that, and Bhagawan returned around 3.15 pm. This time He sat for around half an hour onstage. Then He asked for the Arati. While the Arati was going on, Swami was wheeled to the edge of the stage, perhaps for seeing the preparations for the functions to be held the next day.

After Bhagawan went in and the Arati concluded, an announcement was made that from the next day, that is Monday, Chandi Homam, Sudarshana Homam and Dhanwantari Homam would be conducted in the Sai Ramesh Hall. These sacrificial rites would conclude on Wednesday, May 18th.

The Union Home Minister, Mr. Shivraj Patil, had come for Swami's darshan. After the Bhajan, he went inside Trayee Brindavan behind Swami.

Source: http://radiosai.org/pages/PB_20050519.htm

You can see an illustrated version of happenings at Prashanthi Nilayam in the Prashanthi Diary of our monthly e-Journal Heart to Heart.


Best Resolution 1024x768 -- Copyright ? 2004-2015 SAIBABA.WS. All rights reserved. Please read Disclaimer.