Sai Baba Sri Sathya Sai Baba

    Home  Thought for the Day  |  Sai Inspires 

    Articles | Avatar | Bhajans | Experiences | Messages | Miracles | Prayers | Quotes | Stories | Service | Teachings


Reports of events from the Sai Baba Ashrams


Prashanthi Bullettin - September 7th-9th, 2005

September 9th, 2005

Bhagawan had permitted the Ganesha immersion ceremony to take place today. The main Senior Students' Hostel Chariot was a huge platform with Ganesha seated on it and surrounding Him were music instruments of all types - the Gaana Priya Ganesha. The II PG had a well decorated chariot. The I PG had a huge pigeon flying towards its nest as the backdrop and right inside the nest was seated our dear Ganesha! The III UG students had two swans decorating the front of their chariot and at the back were two butterfly wings - huge in size - going flip flap as the chariot moved. The main chariot of the School had a Tirupati touch, with a huge Shankha and Chakra on either side of the Lord.

The procession began at 2.00 p.m. from the Hostels and by 3.00 p.m. all were inside the Kulwant Hall. The chariots and palanquins were slotted in their respective places with core groups seated around them. It looked like a Republic Day Parade, with all squads standing in a straight line, from the Poornachandra entry along the ladies side right until the East entrance of the Mandir on the Gents side.

Bhagawan came in at around 3.15 p.m. The car went slowly in front of the chariots. As the car moved in front of each group, the Pujaris came forward and received Blessings on behalf of the others. Swami looked at each piece of art with an appreciative smile. This went on until He had crossed all the two dozen and odd groups which included General Hospital, Super Specialty Hospital, Airport, Ashram, Primary School, Eswaramma School, etc.

Swami then came and sat down on the dais. All this time Vedam and Bhajans were going on in the background. Mr. Chakravarthi received some instructions from Swami and spoke to the Warden. The two Wardens then came running to pass on the instructions to all the groups. Swami had permitted all to go for a Pradakshina (circumambulation) around the Mandir. One by one all the students and staff went in a single line for the Pradakshina. The line would move close to the dais, cross Swami with Pranaams and then move on to complete the circle around the Mandir. Swami was keenly watching every student and staff member who passed Him with a loving smile.

The whole process took quite some time. It was a wonderful event to watch as a spectator. Huge lines of people moving in and another moving out after the Pradakshina, with all criss-crosses, and loud Vedic Chants and Bhajans... This is typical of any celebration in the Divine Presence. It gives so much joy and happiness to one and all. After this, the Pujari, Sri Bhatt Garu was asked to give Aarti to all the Ganeshas. He lit the camphor, started with Swami and then went to the middle of the Hall and started giving Aarti to each chariot.

One by one, each group came to the centre with its chariot / palanquin, placed it in front of Swami for a while, offered Pranaams and then moved out through the Eastern Gate of the Mandir. The Aarti went on and on, with camphor supply coming in from behind until all the Ganeshas had moved out! Some students accompanied the procession while others stayed back in the Mandir. Swami sat outside with the Vedam chanting going on for a long time.

After a while, at around 4.30 p.m. Bhagawan asked whether the immersion was over and the boys were back. Soon, all the students started returning. As they came and sat down in front of Swami, He looked at each and every student, without exception, and smiled at them; literally energizing all of them. Surely, all the exhaustion that the students would have had in preparing for the occasion would have disappeared in a trice! At 5.55 p.m. when most of the students had returned to the Mandir, our dear Mother was satisfied and signaled for Aarti to be given. He retired early so that all could rest for the day. We remembered how last year, Swami had asked the Vice Chancellor to make an announcement stating that all students are very tired and Swami wants them to have an early dinner and go to sleep! That is the Love of a thousand Mothers!!

September 8th, 2005

This evening was a very special day for all the Ashram, Institute and Administrative Block workers. All of them were invited to Sai Kulwant Hall to receive Blessings from Bhagawan. This included the sweepers, gardeners, electricians, plumbers, attenders, etc. All of them were seated in the 4th block of the Hall. There were nearly 250 of them. Around 80 ladies were also present, seated in the adjacent ladies' side block.

When Swami finished His Darshan taking a round in His car, instead of stopping at the inner Portico, He asked for the car to be taken near the group. The car was taken there and turned around so that Swami, seated on the left side of the car, was facing them. Then He got down, went around all of them till the very end, speaking words of love and encouragement to all. It was something very new to all of us - Swami moving so freely amidst all of them, as though He knew each one of them personally. That is Heart to Heart!!

A mike had been placed nearby for some of them to speak a few words. At 3.30 pm, this extempore programme commenced at Bhagawan's command, with one of the longest serving members, Kashiappa (working for the past 30 years in the Ashram) of the Accommodation office speaking in Telugu, expressing his love for Swami, describing how the Ashram has evolved over the years, and how Bhagawan has been with him every moment of his life. Next to speak was Sakharam, in Hindi. He has been an employee for the past 25 years. After him, Swami granted the chance of speaking to some more members. One of them narrated how by Swami's Grace he could join the Pathashala at Prashanti Nilayam many years ago, how he was crippled and Swami had made him walk, how doctors told him that he could not have children, but Swami had granted him children and named them too!

Subsequently, all of them requested for an opportunity to sing some songs. Swami gave His consent. They started with 'Rama Kodanda Rama', and continued with Bhajans like 'Rama Rama Sai Rama', and 'Deenadayalu Sai Rama Ram'.

Bhagawan then distributed clothes and watches to all of them. As He remained seated there amidst them, the workers came up and received the bounty from His hands. After the distribution to the gents was completed, Bhagawan moved over to the ladies' side and once again individually gave each of them saris and watches with His own Hands. He also asked for apples to be distributed to all of them. It was a sight to see Swami showering so much Love on people whom we generally take for granted. But for their sincere and dedicated service, a comfortable life for us would never be possible.

Even when Bhagawan came to the Bhajan hall before the Bhajans, He lovingly recollected some of the points mentioned by the speakers. Bhajans commenced at 5.10 pm and Bhagawan left at 5.40 p.m. after Aarti.

September 7th, 2005

Sairam. First of all, we wish you a very happy Ganesha Chaturthi. The entire Parthi is full of joy and cheer celebrating the festival of our most dear Lord Ganesha. Most of the roads are decorated with buntings and flowers. Altars of Ganesha are seen almost everywhere. At the Hostels too, students worked hard the whole night, decorating the Main altar and altars in every floor of the Hostels.

This morning all of us were seated in the Kulwant Hall by 7.15 a.m. Bhagawan came out for Darshan at 7.55 a.m. After taking a full round of the Kulwant Hall, Swami sat on the dais in the centre, amidst loud Vedic Chants. Obviously 'Om Namaste Ganapataye' was the first Vedic Mantram to be chanted.

At 8.25 a.m. Swami went inside into the Bhajan Hall and asked the Pujari Bhat Garu for the Ganapati. Bhat Garu went outside and brought a medium sized Ganesha idol which Swami blessed and asked to place near the altar. Then the Vice Chancellor interceded praying to Swami about the boys program etc. To this Swami said, "Cheskondi" - "Go Ahead". Students started chanting the Ganesha Stotrams. Surprisingly, Swami chose to remain inside as the Stotrams were sung. Vakratunda Mahakaya, Jai Ganesha Jai Ganesha Deva, Sai Mahadeva Mammu Kaapaadaga Raava, Panduranga Naamam... were some of the Stotrams that were chanted.

At 8.55 a.m. all ran into the Bhajan Hall for the Bhajans. At 9.20 a.m. Swami retired while Bhajans concluded at 9.40 a.m. with Aarti

In the evening, Swami was out by 3.15 p.m. After the car had parked inside the inner portico as it usually does, the chair rolled out and then Swami came on His chair along the Gents side of the Kulwant Hall. It has been a long time since we had this type of Darshan. Swami in the Chair without the car. Brother Divij Desai, who wheels Swami's Chair, moved the sofa slowly amidst the devotees and as Swami came to the centre of the Hall, He indicated to be taken to the Rama Statue Block towards the Gopuram Gate. As He moved further towards the Gopuram Gate, the car was summoned and off went Swami outside the Mandir.

We all sat ignorantly, inside the Kulwant Hall without the least idea about what our dear Lord was up to. Out there, Bhagawan went past the Institute and the School and approached the Senior Hostel. The Warden somehow managed to reach the Hostel in time. He prayed to Swami to Bless the Hostel. Afew of the students by now had managed to reach the Hostel and some who were delayed in coming to the Mandir were also there.

To their great delight, Swami entered the Hostel and the car drove straight into the Hostel on the ramp specially built at the entrance. From there, the car moved straight forward into the Hostel Dining Hall. Sitting in the car itself, Swami had a look at the Dining Hall. A model of the newly built Hall that was prepared earlier was brought to be Blessed by Bhagawan. A plate of Akshatas (yellow rice) was held out. Swami took some Akshatas and Blessed the model and the Dining Hall. Vedam chanting went on in the background. Later Swami also lit a lamp marking the inauguration of the Hostel Dining Hall. Aarti was offered and Swami left the Hostel and moved towards the Mandir.

Bhagawan returned to the Mandir at 4.05 p.m. Around 4.30 p.m. Swami came out and sat on the dais giving beautiful Darshan to all of the devotees and students. At 4.55 p.m. Bhajans started and went on till 5.35 p.m. Prasadam was distributed to all. Swami took Aarti and retired to the Poornachandra Auditorium.

Source: http://radiosai.org/pages/PB.htm


Best Resolution 1024x768 -- Copyright ? 2004-2015 SAIBABA.WS. All rights reserved. Please read Disclaimer.