Prof. Kasturi and his story (Control
of Automatic Lights)
1. Prof. Kasturi throws light on
the fact that Swami has revealed His Reality of being the Neumann
that sustains and control of all Cosmic Phenomena. Here is the
anecdote in brief.
2. Baba as usual began one of His discourses (While in Madras) with
the recital of an extempore Telugu poem. The opening line that poem
was “Automatic Lights Adhipudevadu”. This line happens to be a
strange mixture of Telugu and English.
3. Our Lord Swami whom the scriptures describe as the Supreme Poet
has the privilege of Divine license, beside the usual poetic license
of an ordinary poet. So He sometimes mixes up Telugu and English or
some other language, thereby confusing His translator and enjoying
4. This trait of confusing and confounding people is inherent in
Divinity, especially when it manifest as an Avatar. We shall have a
glimpse of this trait that seems to be more pronounced in this
5. Prof.Kasturi was bewildered and looked helplessly at Swami’s
face, as he could not translate the line. Swami cast a mischievous
look at Kasturi and repeated the same line again. Poor Kasturi was
dumbfound. Neither Telugu was his mother tongue nor he had studied
Telugu during his educational career.
6. He learned Telugu only after coming to swami. Because he was mum
SWAMI ASKED HIM TO SIT DOWN AND called upon Dr. Bhagawantham to
translate. Late Dr. Bhagawantham was an eminent scientist and
educationists. He had good knowledge of the Telugu language, he had
studied during his formal education. He served as a translator to
Baba during the decade of seventies.
7. But this particular occasion, he too shared the same fate as
Kasturi. As he also was non-pulsed and could not translate that
line, Swami proceeded with the rest of His discourse.
8. After the discourse was over Prof. Kasturi and Dr. Bhagawantham
met Swami in His room. They prayerfully requested Him to enlighten
them on the meaning of the said line that neither of them could
9. With mischievous smile Swami asked them. “Have you not seen the
automatic traffic Lights in Madras and other metropolitan cities.
“Yes Swami, we have seen.” They replied. “Is there not someone who
controls the operation of these traffic lights and regulate the
traffic on the roads, in order to prevent collisions and accidents?
Queried Swami. “Yes Swami, there is … answered both the discomfited
10. Then Swami explained to them, “just as there is traffic of
various kinds of vehicles in the city, there is a macro-level
traffic of planets in this universe, each of them whirling at a
tremendous speed. There are innumerable planets, so that each of
them confines itself to the path ordained for it, thereby preventing
clashes or collisions and the consequent cataclysmic disasters.
11. And there is (ONE) who controls those unseen automatic traffic
lights, and that One in this (ONE)! Saying this Swami pointed at
12. Then both Prof Kasturi and Dr. Bhagawantham could understand
that the line in Swami’s poem, which they could not translate, meant
that Swami is the Almighty God who controls the unseen traffic
lights that regulate the movement of the planets in the entire
Universe, as to avoid accidents in the macrocosm.
13. Swami further told them that the codes of moral behaviors and
social conduct, i.e. Dharma, in short were also traffic signals
fixed by the Master to save humans from conflict and clash, from
violence and war. Swami teaches us profound truths, through His
inimitable fun and frolic dramatics and antics!!
Swami’s words -
14. In My present Avatar, I have come armed with fullness of the
powers of formless God to correct mankind, raise human consciousness
and put people on the path of truth, righteousness, peace and love,
leading to divinity.
Jai Sai Ram.